22 August 2007

summer

oh dear, has it really been over 3 months since my last post? it's been a nice lazy summer, and the season's laziness has transferred to my blog-writing. (i'm usually so diligent, after all.) i passed my 2 year anniversary of moving to zurich, and now that i've been in europe for a while i'm traveling a lot less and doing more around here. the days of the lightning weekend trips are over! (sort of) since my last post, i've still traveled a little for work (israel), family (korea), and friends (romania, vienna), but i've also finally started doing things that make zurich feel a bit more like home: starting a [balcony] garden, celebrating birthdays, inviting myself over to friends' places, and getting up close and personal with (read: nearly smothered by) seething masses of swissies during the once-every-three-years züri-faescht. yum.

i also just got back from 2 weeks in california, and despite one sleep-champion night of 17 hours of sleep, jet lag has been plaguing me ever since. good thing i have the jeeves and wooster omnibus to entertain me!

No comments: