09 November 2006

stockholm and berlin

i'm back to my weekend travels now that the beautiful weather's over in zurich (the temperature dropped 15 degrees right on november 1 - this country can be really eerie with its punctuality). recent stops: stockholm and berlin! and since i'm so tardy with these blog posts, i should point out that my picasa web album is kept much more up to date and you can subscribe to it via rss here. (thanks, h)

stockholm reminded me of zurich (but COLDER) - scenic and walkable, a couple nice tourist attractions, but i got my fill in my two days there. the people really are tall, blond, and possessing perfect english.

berlin put me in a weird mood with all the stuff about the wall and communism. but it also made my heart soar with the pergamon altar and the inside of the reichstag dome, which is undeniably star trek!

No comments: