10 November 2005

bed bugs!!!

warning: extremely gross stuff ahead!!! i've stayed in all sorts of places on my weekend adventures, both nice and not so nice. i didn't expect that a 4-star hotel would be the one that introduced me to the terror of BED BUGS!!!!! i can't even begin to describe how absolutely disgusted i was for days and days. parts of my body looked diseased (e.g., >50 bites on the lower left arm alone) and i had to carefully wear concealing clothing for a while. YUCK!!!!! everyone: take a moment tonight to appreciate the peaceful sleep you'll be able to get in a clean bed.

so i will always remember granada as the city of bed bugs. okay, fine, the alhambra was beautifully intricate and i was blessed with blue skies. but the good parts are hard to pick out of the memories of panic and horror left in my head...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that happened to you, Grace. Of all your adventures, this is by far the grossest. Sooo soo sorry.